Friday, June 18, 2010

Meh.

Liz hates bananas. She believes they are the most selfish food to ever exist. Have you ever left a banana around other fruit or open food containers? The next day they taste like banana too! Selfish. Despite this, I like bananas so I decided to make a cocktail I have been eyeing since day one: The Banana's Foster Cocktail. One shot vanilla vodka & banana liqueur, half a shot of butterscotch schnapps, chocolate liqueur and a splash of cream. Sadly, I ate all of my bananas so I didn't have one for the garnish, but I didn't think it would ruin the integrity of the drink (should there be any).

I tell ya, there is something about vanilla vodka that does not sit right with me. It overpowers everything else and I now wish Aunt Sandy didn't use it so much. Overall, this drink isn't bad. It is very sweet and would make a good dessert. Even though it smells faintly of banana runts, it is not very banana flavored, which disappoints me. It tastes more like liquid Werther's original (only less caramely)- which is probably why I am still drinking it. This would be better with less vanilla vodka, more banana liqueur and perhaps a splash of gingerbread liqueur for the spice aspect. Last time I checked, banana's foster didn't have vanilla or chocolate in it. I was so excited for a caramely, spicy banana concoction, but alas my thirst was not sated. Thanks again Aunt Sandy- for nothing. That will teach me to get excited for one of her recipes.


In other news, Sandra Lee is doing a cocktail demonstration tour in grocery stores!(it's actually a promotion for her magazine, but cocktail time has to be the main event). How do I figure out if/when she is coming to a local store near D.C.?! I want to go there.

Next week, Liz and I will be back in action with a brand new cocktail time! I can't.....hardly....wait......

1 comment:

  1. You know I'd still do her anytime.I'd saddle her over the counter and give her semi-homemade rogering as you'd expect.

    Other than that, I've no further use for her.

    ReplyDelete

 

avandia lawsuits