Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Lucky Lady... lucky she didn't throw up.

It’s after 5 and I’m on summer vacation so it’s okay to enjoy cocktail time and today’s tivo’d episode of SH, right? Today I opted for the Lucky Lady, mainly because it was the first recipe I found with booze I already had (and can I just tell you, I’m too lazy to go downstairs to the grocer during the day). The lucky lady consists of equal parts apple brandy, orange liqueur, and orange juice, poured over ice, stirred and strained into a martini glass. I don’t know who is lucky in this drink- Is it the lady who can finish one glass? She would have to be lucky to consume and survive such a feat. More likely, the lucky one is the man who, after drinking this, should have no problem talking this lady into coming home with him, because she will most certainly be sloshed after knocking back a couple of these. Which really doesn’t make her a lady at all. And probably not very lucky.

I decided to shake my lucky lady rather than stir (I'm not as adventurous as Ms. Lee) and I shudder to think what merely stirring it would cause it to taste like. The brandy is overpowering, but it doesn’t taste too bad as long as I don’t smell it (which we all know is how Aunt Sandy drinks). All in all I do not recommend this drink unless you have a high tolerance and a fondness for apple brandy.

I think tomorrow I am going to venture to Target for my very first crock pot. There are far too many super simple recipes I cannot wait to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

avandia lawsuits